- Anything containing the words “they”, “them”, “somebody” or “someone”, as in; “They should increase the enforcement of the xxxx law, that will reduce the burden on XXX or “Someone better make sure that they stop printing so much money.” We shouldn’t forget that it was them who got us into this mess to begin with.
- Anything that would use an existing law, social mechanism, or system as part of a solution to anything, as in: “If they backed off a bit on quantitative easement and balanced it out with a payroll tax credit stimulus, then small businesses would be motivated to hire workers.” Nothing that we have come up with so far, not one law, social tool, government, political ideology or anything else has ever worked; if any one of them would have worked, we wouldn’t be in this situation, so what good is it to use something that we already know doesn’t work? We need a new way of thinking to solve the global crisis.
- Anything that would allow for people to continue believing that the debt that we suddenly seem to be saddled with and which is slowing strangling us all is real. There is no debt, they are just numbers on a ledger that people believed were real dollars and let the banks use them as real dollars. According to global authorities, when added together, there is approximately $84 Trillion in debt in the world and $32 Trillion in wealth (money, gold and things that have value) – that isn’t even POSSIBLE. How can we owe more than what there is. It’s like claiming to be “a little bit pregnant.” it’s just not possible.
- Anything that would promote inaction and prevent actual change, as in; “What can anyone do? It’s not like I can make a difference in anything.” Or “We’re just going to have to wait this out and see what happens.” It would behoove us to remember that if we do not change the direction in which we are all headed as a global civilization, what lies ahead is the utter obliteration of the human condition as we know it.
- Anything that deposits our trust and confidence in luck, magic, and especially unbelievable stories, as in; “Things are definitely bad, but eventually, they will figure something out; they always do, and then everything will be back to normal, it always does”. Not this time.
- Anything that promotes the idea that a “good, old-fashioned war” or any action based on violence will provide the incentive and stimulus that we need to improve the global crisis. I certainly hope that there’s no one left in the work who actually believes THAT.
These are all things that definitely will not work to provide a solution to our global crisis; so what will work? We simply haven’t come up with that yet, but we CAN. We can do better.